I have been shot down a few times over the last few weeks. Little by little things are crumbling. I spent a lot of time trying to get into a doctorate program to find out it wouldn’t be covered. I have been teaching fitness classes about 10 hours a week, only to find I won’t get to teach in the UK due to contracts.
When you feel all the doors have been closed on you, take a deep breath, believe you can do it and look for a window. – Life Defused
This takes a lot of courage and guts to stay strong, but it is not impossible. The stronger you are the better you will be able to make better decisions. Obstacles in life are inevitable, so you must strengthen your will power to survive. Over the last few weeks I have had to remind myself of these few things and I wanted to share what I keep reminding myself.
- Acceptance- Accept what is happening now and stop denying that you have no control. The first thing to do when experiencing a bad situation is to recognize it and realize you can’t control what is happening but you can control how you react.
- It’s not permanent-Keep telling yourself that it will all pass and things always work out. Problems in life are natural and you don’t know when they will come, but if you know for a fact that it won’t be there forever, you know you can make it through.
- Keep moving forward- Don’t let anything keep you from solving a problem and even if it seems like you have a heavy load to carry, take little steps until you reach your destination.
- Be optimistic- Even if there is a lot of negativity around you, don’t let it bring you down. It will not do you good if you give too much attention to the little things that don’t really matter.
- Take it little by little- A big problem cannot be solved right away and they require big solutions, but if you take small steps until you succeed, you will eventually overcome it.
- Pay attention to yourself- This is important especially when you are facing tough times because you also need to recharge and address your needs.
- Appreciate what’s there- You may not have everything now and this may not be the end of your struggles, but recognize what exists in front of you now. Take time to find happiness in them and be mindful.