Get in the Game & Wear Sunscreen
Life is what we make of it. Today is going to be kind of deep. Since I have been here in Colombia, I have been battling what to do next with my life. I am ready to have a focus again on something other than just healing myself. I am not sure what to focus on so I have been thinking a lot and let me tell you, it drains my energy.
Here are some things I think that help me get through times like this in my life:
- Finding great people to support you. I am so lucky to be in Colombia right now because Shaun and I are at the same point and going through some of the same things. It is having great people in my life that mean the world. This morning I woke up to 2 amazing e-mails from friends. I can’t take credit for where I am in life. It is all my family and friends that have been there along the way that make the difference and I can’t thank them enough.
- Having passion. I love it when people are passionate. In order to do something you have to love it. If you don’t you will give up. It is in the moments that things get tough that you will find out how much you love it. Those that don’t end up giving up.
- Staying true to you. You can’t please everyone and you can’t wait for others to create the life you want to live. You must find your personal identity and try to understand your purpose and let that drive you forward. Believing in yourself is what really matters. This will make a huge difference in life.
- Finding compassion and making authentic connections will foster a more full life. Reaching out to people who least expect it may change their life. It is so simple and can have a HUGE impact.
- Keep learning, keep growing, keep moving forward. Embrace new ideas and try new things. This keeps you out of your comfort zone. You set your own limits. You have to get yourself out there and live the life of your dreams.
- Embrace the disappointments. So many people try to avoid this. However to me, it is the disappointing moments that make us human without them we would be robots. Disappointments reflect passions. Think about it. You have to face the fears in order to grow.
- Love life. When you find that life can be good and that you control the outcome, you find a whole new way in life. It is time to get in the game.
- Watch this video:
It’s about hoping, it’s about dreaming
It’s about never not believing
It’s about taking a walk out on the wire
And never looking down
It’s about living instead of dying
It’s about spreading your wings and flying
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it’s all about trying
It’s not whether you win or lose
It’s getting in the game