A Creed to Live By
- Don’t undermine your worth by comparing yourself to others.
It is because we are different that each of us is special.
- Don’t set your goals by what other people deem important.
Only you know what is best for you.
- Don’t take for granted the things closest to your heart.
Cling to them as you would your life, for without them life is meaningless.
- Don’t let life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future. By living your life one day at a time, you live up all the days of your life.
- Don’t give up when you still have something left to give,
Nothing is really over . . . till the moment you stop trying.
- Don’t be afraid to admit that you are less than perfect.
It is this fragile thread that binds us together.
- Don’t be afraid to encounter risks.
It is by taking chances, that we learn to be brave.
- Don’t shut love out of your life by saying it’s impossible to find.
The quickest way to receive love is to give love;
the fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly;
and the best way to keep love is to give it wings.
- Don’t dismiss your dreams.
To be without dreams is to be without hope;
to be without hope is to be without purpose.
- Don’t run through life so fast
that you forget not only where you’ve been,
but where you are going.
- Life is not a race, but a journey to be savored every step of the way.
– by Nancye Sims